For any students interested in a rewarding summer job, areas you will gain experience in are:
- Working effectively in a team
- Following good software design
- Understanding the importance of usability
- Building applications for highly constrained embedded systems
- Learning the importance of wireless mesh technologies in emerging consumer electronics
- The amazing squirrel programing language and Adobe Flex/Actionscript.
Apart from your creativity, thoroughness and diligence in delivering quality work, the only technical qualifications we are looking for are:
- that you are a student who has completed second year computer science, electrical engineering or a related subject with good standing(if you consider yourself a good programmer apply regardless of your area of study) .
- Competent with the Linux shell and development environments including version control and agile team tools.
- Demonstrated competence with an MVC web framework.
- If you are interested in working on the user interface aspects of our projects then experience with GUI development and software patterns using any of Java, Objective-C, C++ or most preferably Adobe Flex would be required.